Saturday, October 24, 2020

California Proposition 22 & Me Versus The City Of Bellevue, Washington & Nearly Mashed In The Southbound Highway 99 Tunnel & Voting Song By Crabtree And Mills

Uber says, "Please, don't hold us accountable!"

What do Uber, Lyft, Door Dash, Instracart, Postmates all have in common?  All are attempting to overturn the State of California Assembly Bill 5 passed in September 2019.  Why have they spent over $200 million dollars to pass California State Proposition 22?  Are these mega-companies suddenly "good neighbors," now interested in the common good?  

No, that doesn't seem to be the case, instead all interested in only protecting their financial bottom line, with Uber once again losing 1.8 billion this most recent quarter, meaning California's designating gig-workers as employees is economic poison for Uber and its ilk, not interested in paying sick leave, overtime and other related benefits.  

With less than two weeks left until the election, Uber and company are pleading with California voters to continue providing them with a free ride minus any real governmental control or regulation.  Could the majority of Californians be that stupid?  Given our nation's recent voting track record, anything is indeed possible, people unable to see beyond their nose.  Even my sister in Tehachapi has a vote.  I wonder what she will do?

My Court Date is now November 24th

Some might remember I was given a ticket in Bellevue many months ago simply for parking legally in Bellevue, Bellevue having this obscure law forbidding all taxi cabs from parking anywhere on the city streets.  Even if you own a house, you are forbidden to park in front of your legal residence, which I why I have always intended to ask both Bellevue's mayor and police chief to tell the court why this is both legal and reasonable?  Do I want to take the time and effort to accomplish this?  No I don't but how can I let these _______s get away with this kind of discrimination?  The answer is simple, I can't.

Crazy speeders in the Hwy 99 tunnel

Am I the only one to notice that drivers are blatantly breaking the 45 MPH speed limit in the north and southbound Highway 99 tunnels?  It appears to be true because enforcement is nonexistent, cars flying through at 60,70, 80 mph, making the 1.7 mile journey from one end to the other extremely hazardous.  Wednesday afternoon I was southbound mid-tunnel, driving 50 mph, when in the rearview mirror I saw 3 cars bearing down on me at high rates of speed.  The third car, speeding between 70-80 mph while appearing not to see me, prompted my gunning of the accelerator in an desperate attempt to avoid being slammed from behind.  Thankfully the maneuver worked, my quick reaction allowing some space between tragedy and relief, the car stopping just short of my bumper.  Of course none of this should be occurring, a speed camera an obvious deterrent in a narrow tunnel.  What did WDOT think would be happening on this stretch of roadway?  Compliance!?  That's a joke as from day one fools have been endangering me and everyone else, giving little heed to reason and commonsense. 

1960s Voting song written 2006 by JoAnne Crabtree

This morning, listening to "This Saturday Tradition" on KCBS 91.3 FM I heard a song harkening back to the 1960s folkie/civil rights days.  The song, "What Else Can I Do?," sung by the duo Crabtree & Mills, springs from traditional old-fashioned activism, encouraging us to take up of the battle for societal and cultural justice, telling everyone it's time to vote your heart, your mind, your soul.  

Yes, it's that time of year again where excuses don't cut it, it's time to participate in making positive changes through your right to vote for candidates and issues affecting you and me and our entire great country.  Being registered in New Mexico this time around, I sent in my absentee ballot over ten days ago.  If you haven't voted, please get your "ass in gear" and vote.  All of us are depending upon you. Vote!

Here is the song's first and last stanzas and chorus.  From the Crabtree & Mills album, "Flight of Fancy"

                                                      "What Else Can I Do?"


First Stanza:                         I have seen the face of anguish 

                                             I have heard the voice of pain

                                             In the mother who is marching

                                            And the son who has no name.

                                            So I go and help my neighbor,

                                           "Cause what else can I do?

                                           And then I vote my conscience,

                                           And I hope that you do too.


Chorus:                              I want to stand for something

                                          I want to ride that freedom train

                                          I want to share my privilege 

                                         With those who feel the same

                                         I want to stand together outside the voting booth,

                                         for honor and for truth.


Last Stanza:                     So I go and help my neighbor

                                        And I hope that you do too

                                        And then I vote my conscience 

                                        'Cause nothing less will do.


___________________________________________________________________________

Stakes are very high this election.  Don't think so?   Friday the USA had a record 85,000 confirmed coronavirus cases. 225,000 Americans are dead.   Some experts believe there will be 400,000 dead by January 1st.  

Climate change?   California had a record 4 million acres burned, 1million alone in one fire.  Colorado is now burning, parts of Rocky Mountain National Park in flames, bark beetle larva surviving winters that once killed them, the adult beetles eating the trees.  

Hurricanes?  Port Charles, Louisiana has been hit by two huge hurricanes a month apart, the mayor asking "Has America forgotten us?"

Iowa August derecho thunder storm?   20% of Iowa's farm crops are destroyed in a matter of hours, winds 70 to 120 mph wiping out towns, farms and fields.

Did you know that Trump's own wife is still in recovery from COVID-19?  During the past 2 weeks, has Trump mentioned any concern for her welfare?  Not that I have heard reported.  

Vote smartly, vote correctly. Vote!













                                           
















7 comments:

  1. Joey ,
    Look in the mirror , your left - wing liberalism is showing again.
    Explain to all of us readers ,
    ( the ones who still read your
    trash masquerading as thoughtful,
    insightful , and entertaining ),
    how you think our president should
    respond to the ' china virus ?? '
    Should we quarantine the healthy
    as in ' locked - down economically ?? ' Should we only quarantine the
    ill ?? Tell us , oh brainful one ,
    ( or just big - mouthed ), how can
    we , as Americans respond to this
    highly unprecedented virus ??
    To be honest , no one seen it
    coming !! No one , except the
    chinese , ( small case by choice ),
    had any premonition that this virus
    would soon take - out so many all
    over the world . Have you forgotten
    that we're not the only ones ??
    So , my suggestion , read more
    of your left - wing tabloids
    and leave the business of running
    the government to actual elected
    officals. Too bad you can't see
    more of the real world with an
    actual open mind , but like all
    closed - minded libs , you don't
    offer any real solution , instead
    you just mouth your opinions !!
    Bill ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey ,
    It seems you got one dead beat fooled
    enough to at try to shut me up !!
    Too bad they don't have any balls.
    Such is the case in today's liberal
    echo chamber , all mouth , no brains
    and no braun !! I'm right here child,
    come and try to re - arrange my dental
    work . Until then , Joey maybe you ought to lecture your audience about
    the First Amendment of the US Constitution is all about. While
    you're on that subject , also cover
    the 2 nd Amendment as well. To wit,
    ( speaking to that nit wit who doesn't
    even have balls enough to give her
    name ), the first covers free speech
    while the 2 nd allows me , as an
    American , ( are you ?? ), to own
    my legally obtained fire arms . Do
    you get my drift , child ?? By the
    way , yes , this is my name and
    yes , I am man enough to defend
    what I write but hmmm..., are you ??
    Bill ...


    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Child , child , child ..., you surprise
    me every day , don't you ?? Let me
    get this straight , and based - on
    what you wrote above , what you really
    need first - off is a dictionary. And
    you tell me you ' once owned a registered gun that you took from a
    passenger '. Well child , that means
    you were in possession on ' illegal '
    fire arm , and how you obtained
    this illegal fire arm is of little
    concern to the pigs. They'd have
    shot you on sight !! Do you read ??
    Do you even comprehend the significance
    of your actions ?? My guess is no ,
    you don't , just like all the other
    dead beats Joey dictates to on a
    weekly basis. Too dumb for anything
    besides cab driving. And about the
    Nites Inn , I was there when they
    opened that joint. As for my name,
    I told you it's Bill , Joey has known
    me for 30 + years and he knows my
    kid brother. Ask him. Also , I'm
    up north , and since you don't know
    enough of the geographical layout
    of the Puget Sound area , it wouldn't
    do any good to tell you anything further since you're too stupid
    to find me anyhow. You honestly
    bore me with your stupidity , really
    you do. Why not act like the professional you wish to be and
    go service customers instead of
    wasting of our time . My advice,
    get - off the Westin and work
    Broadway. Make Sadik proud !!
    By the way , you want my name ,
    but I need your first and last
    name as well. Then I can use
    public records , which are , as
    the name implies ,' public '.
    Bill...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pigs?? Bill Blowhard, have a little respect anyway. Theres NO reason I wouldnt know the area like the back of my hand. Anyway ill take the low road, thats what classier people do. Ive had enough fun with this geriatric whack job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me , too !! Go home and cry to your
    mommie with your box of hankies , child. I know your mommie is waiting
    patiently for you to cry on her shoulder. Tell her Bill sent you !!

    ReplyDelete