Wednesday, May 20, 2020

O MY God How I Hate The False Full Moons & Richard Adler's "The Lady Remembers (The Statue of Liberty Suite)" & Dennis Roberts' Needs Your Assistance In The Afterlife

The calendar, if not the moon itself provides warning that aberrant, stupid and crazy behavior is on its way, but when the moon is not misbehaving and the world around me is unexplainably "going nuts, then my only comment is that this isn't at all fair, blindsided by incipient bedlam.  Yes, I am once again immersed, or submersed in all things taxi, and while sometimes amusing, it certainly is not where I want to be, as I said last week, sitting next to a river with my shoes off much preferable. 

On my first full day back, Omar gets in my cab at 5th & Pine, and says he had to get back home, having left his gas stove on, translating into me flying like the proverbial taxi "bat-out-of-hell" to 34th and East Denny, running red lights etc to save his house and soul.  Nuts! 

And my very next fare is Tracy, a woman clearly in psychosis wanting to go all the way up to the Shoreline Fred Meyers, this after buying over $160.00 in items from the Queen Anne Bartell's Drugstore.  How do I know this?  As Tracy was doing what I can't describe next to the store, a clerk came out to assure me she had plenty of money.  And she did, holding a huge wad of cash in her hand.  Once up at the Fred Meyer's, I suggested it would be better if she concealed all that money.

Later, picking up a Hopelink fare at University Hospital, a Hopelink representative motioned to me after the clients got in my cab, quietly telling me they were armed with both a knife and ax.  I told him not to worry, as I had "sharp teeth," making him laugh.  Why the young couple brought cutting tools to a maternity appointment is beyond me but they were fine, making it all the way to Federal Way without beheading me.

Today I was first up in the Medical (zone 230) and thought I might get lucky with a good account fare but no, instead I got C______ who was concerned that I was sent some by nefarious organization called Stalkers International, a group now tracking her every movement because she had filed an anti-discrimination complaint, and due to that action, targeting her for surveillance.  I dropped her off at a grocery store.

Richard Alder Symphony

Last year, driving in Seattle's Broadview neighborhood, I found a entire rack of classical CDs, many of then unopened.  They had been left out in the aftermath of a garage sell.  Not believing my luck, I discovered a collection worth perhaps one thousand dollars.  And amongst those treasures I discovered  this World Premiere Recording of "The Lady Remembers---The Statue of Liberty Suite."  It is an amazing tribute to America and American music and I started off each morning during my stay in San Lorenzo with it.  It has 11 parts.  The recording I have features the Detroit Symphony led by Gunther Herbig, which also features the soprano, Julia Migenes Johnson, Johnson famous for her permormance in the 1984 film version of the opera "Carmen."  This is a great piece and I recommend it highly.

Dennis Robert Donations

The only real news is that the medical examiner's office found a distant cousin.  The current total is just over $500.00 At the moment I am essentially exhausted from my return to Cab Land but next Saturday I will provide a more extensive report and commentary upon all this. 

And you can also look forward to a quote from Uber's founder concerning taxi.  Yes, he is a real sweetheart.


















No comments:

Post a Comment