Saturday, August 1, 2026

Greetings From Phoenix, Arizona: Hey Seattle/King County Cabbies! You Have A Good Month Or More To Sign The Petition, It Is Past Time To Claim Your Real Identity & New Federal AV (Waymo) Legislation Introduced

It is Very Hot in Phoenix

It's a new experience, living somewhere where the temperatures sometimes reach 120 F, but perhaps worse are the night time lows, averaging in the 90s F.  Usually one can expect cooler temperatures at night but not during this heat wave. I find it bizarre living in a refrigerated world. Without air conditioning, Phoenix and much of Arizona would be uninhabitable. But here I remain for two more weeks, having completed the first half of four total weeks of prostrate cancer proton radiation treatments at the Mayo Clinic here, my diagnosis coming earlier this year.  The care provided is very professional, certainly the best traditional medical care I have experienced. Obviously then, if you are dealing with a potential life-ending condition, I suggest you check out a Mayo Clinic closest to you.  I originally began my investigations into cancer treatment at the cancer center closest to me in Silver City, New Mexico but decided that proton therapy offered at Mayo to be a much better option.  One major plus for me is that Phoenix has a very good Chinese restaurant, Great Wall Cuisine, located at 3446 West Camelback Road.  Great dim sum!

 Hey Everyone! It isn't Wise or Smart to Commit Opperational Suicide 

On first reports received, some have declined to sign the petition. Why?  Since I know all of you well, and the countless excuses often provided for not taking care of yourselves, I need you to understand that this petition effort might be your last opportunity to stop the bleeding that will ultimately lead to your local cab industry being dead and buried minus a coffin.  

By reversing decisions made by the City of Seattle and King County, you are literally retaking control of your own lives, a life that is tenuously held at arms-length by government bureaucrats and regulators who are getting big salaries making decisions for you while you work your butt off in the cab, now finding yourselves working harder than ever, picking up the crumbs leftover from Uber and Lyft.  

Thinking that taxi, as you now know it, will remain is more than foolish, it is pure fantasy. Just as the Seattle and King County taxi industry was flushed down toilet in 2014, the hand is on the handle to do it once again. Waymo is going to come in and run you over. Uber and Lyft will be switching to autonomous self-driving cars, jettisoning all their drivers, eliminating that option altogether. 

What I am attempting to do with the petition is to build a legal dyke preventing the future flooding of your worksite that is Metropolitan Seattle and King County. Business can be brought back but it will take your cooperation. Lying down and dying is not the answer. You might have heard the popular idiom/saying: "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink."  What it means is that you can provide opportunity but you cannot force someone to take it. 

When driving here in American Southwest, where I am now, you often see signs warning "Last Chance Gas!"  suggesting that if you are not careful, you will be left stranded in the middle of the burning desert surrounded by spiny cactus.  Same here, guys!  Fill up those petitions now or find yourself taking to desert coyotes, asking, "What the hell do I do next?"  Howling along with the coyotes might be fun but it won't fill your gas tanks or feed your families.  We need at least one thousand signatures. Don't delay. Make the scoundrels in government pay!

Congressman Kevin Mullin, Democrat Representing San Mateo, CA Introduces New Federal Legislation Imposing New Regulations Governing Waymo

It is called the "AV Emergency Response Coordination Act," which sets standardized procedures for AV companies when AVs encounter emergency responders like police and fire fighters. A series of incidents occurring nationwide prompted the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to put Waymo on formal notice, calling the incidents unacceptable. In addition, "high-speed" operations on freeways were temporarily suspended, stopping service to San Jose and San Francisco airports.  

Will this effort stop the fatality accident that I am predicting will stop all AV companies in the USA in their tracks?  No, I don't think it will.  It is inevitable.  Waymo and friends are going to kill one of their passengers in an accident. And when that happens, all hell will break loose. 

Book Review Coming in September

My intention was to have read the book by the end of July but no, it is "thick' reading, meaning I will have the review ready for my September post. It is another book by Peter Norton: "Fighting Traffic, The Dawn of the Motor Age in the American City". In the meanwhile I suggest you look up a fellow named William Phelps Eno. Remember him every time you take a left turn. 

Why Hasn't the City and County Stopped the Unlicensed Driver from Picking Up Passengers?

I just got a report this evening, this being Friday night  July 31st, that the same rogue (bogus) person pretending to be a cab, remains free to endanger any passenger who steps into his red Telsa. Recently he was ticketed and fined $1000. but he failed to appear for a scheduled hearing. The man needs to be arrested and his car impounded.  Nothing short of that will stop him other than an accident in his uninsured car.  By allowing him to remain on the road, he is endangering everyone who get into his car. If a serious accident happens, and a passenger dies, what will be the City and County's response?  I expect they will be held liable, which is obvious. I and others have notified City and County regulators about him. And here he is, still out there menacing Mariner fans as they leave the baseball game. Why!?





No comments:

Post a Comment