Friday, August 21, 2020

Spokane Ride Mystery Solved & I Am COVID-19 Negative & Seattle: Best Place To Commit Crimes In America?

Remember the hoopla?

I can't reveal my sources but I now know what happened and why, when two weeks ago, someone at Puget Sound Dispatch suspected an unknown Yellow cabbie of kidnapping a Hopelink client.  I also know as to why there have been an unusual number of account rides to that Eastern Washington high elevation desert destination, Spokane, known to some as the "Lilac City," but first things first, pertaining to why the client went missing. 

The program in question, after a period of weeks or months, often transfer clients to other programs around the State of Washington.  What happened two weeks ago is that the individual in question was slated for a six-month stay in Spokane, and having gone unaccompanied to the cab, skipped out and went her merry way wherever that might be.  Now the nursing staff walks the client to the cab, not interested in having more escapees fleeing into the taxi morning, afternoon or night. What it all "boils down to" was program staff incompetence, misunderstanding their clientele, somehow hoping for a kind of imaginary compliance, thinking the program attendees "good little children" wishing the best for themselves.  Having once done case management myself, I can attest how naive an approach that is, thinking the cat never hisses, the dog not barking or biting. 

One question I initially had was why would someone not want a free ride home, and now the answer is obvious, they were instead going for further court-ordered treatment in Spokane, not to home and family, having no interest participating in another round of treatment. What is obvious is that there's nothing preventing the client from leaving the cab anytime during the trek eastward, say when the cabbie stops for gasoline or agrees to a bathroom stop.  More information would be helpful but I am guessing the usual response would be "we can't legally tell you" thus setting up the cabbie for potential trouble.  

Oh well! the taxi lackey never provided the key, treated like a domestic animal, like a kind of donkey!"

Yes it's true, and I'll keep repeating the obvious 'til I turn blue!

Everybody know I'm Negative, and now its Official 

Tuesday, when waiting for a passenger at 1700 Airport Way South, I encountered a mobile COVID testing site conducted by Harborview Hospital staff.  "Did I want to be tested," they asked?  And why not was my response.  Yesterday I got the results.  No, I do not have the novel coronavirus.  Thank goodness. 

Best Place in America to commit a crime?

If I ever decide to break the law in Seattle, I now have a ready answer to all law enforcement officers: I am only protesting, demonstrating against all that is wrong with America.  I say this because I keep coming across folks blocking streets with their bicycles, or as I did Wednesday night, encountering a group of parked cars blocking the entire length of south-bound Fifth Avenue from James to Jefferson.  I called 911 and if you can believe it, I was told to contact the Seattle City Council.  

When everyone was rioting a few weeks back, and arrested, they let them go, saying "please don't do it again."  Seattle is a wonderful place, as the mayor said, home to a new Summer of Love and other relics from the 1960s.  Maybe that's why LSD usage is on the rise, getting really high and saying bye bye to reality, Seattle perhaps only a momentary hallucination, Lucy in the Sky minus any diamonds. 




 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment