Monday, August 26, 2013

Waking Up Dead

Earlier in the day I was feeling desperate for a fare, any kind of fare not mattering.   Fast forward to the fatigued end of my Saturday ordeal, business has been good, whatever panic I might have felt a distant memory, and now, just past bar break the guy says "Kent!" meaning a small city about 16 miles southeast of Seattle.  A good fare, yes but do I have to? 

On the way there he tells me he already has two DUIs to his discredit and he is not interested in a third.  Each offense cost him $8000. dollars, a total not including lost work time etc.  Sounds like he got the message. 

Dropping him off I understood it was time for a nap.  Parking next to a field, lowing the seat to almost vertical, I was instantly out, sleep clearly a necessity.

Awakening about an hour later, I experienced something I call "waking up dead" which translated means my new waking state seems unusual, holding the strong sensation I have died and I 'm on the other side of ordinary human consciousness.  Disconcerted I have to question my surroundings before fully realizing  that "Hey! I am not dead but parked in a field in Kent, Washington."  Sometimes I think this is what death will be like but who knows, I know I have no true idea one way or the other.  Now if you ever hear a cabbie says that he feels "like death warmed over" you will have a good idea what he or she means.  It means that terms like "fun" or "reasonable" are not part of the usual taxi lexicon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed, I have to say. Really hardly at any time do I experience a site that's the two educative and entertaining, and allow me tell you, you might have strike the nail on the head. Your concept is fantastic the issue is anything that not ample men and women are speaking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled across this in my find for anything referring to this.
    airport taxi in San Francisco, CA
    airport taxi in Newark, CA
    airport taxi in Fremont, CA

    ReplyDelete